Saturday, March 22, 2014

Just a Ho-Hum Week

It's been a fairly ho-hum week, with the market basically sitting still for most of Kym's items in North Provi, so it's been a fun time to catch up on some other stuff and go looking for deals in highsec- one of my favorite pastimes in the game. I scored some cheap minerals in the Devoid and Tash-Murkon regions and successfully got them back to Provi while eluding an Astero tail that Kym picked up somewhere along the Devoid/Tash-Murkon border. Thank goodness for the trio of Hypervelocity Optimizer rigs and the nanos on my Kryos; the Astero never could quite catch up before I hit the jump bridge.

A couple of updates on projects are in order, I think. The resetting of the Thorax hull price has been wildly successful; although the three hulls that I "anchored" at a high price haven't sold (which was expected), everyone else has realigned their prices as a result, and they are finally selling at a reasonable 20% margin. I think my next step is going to involve building another batch and selling them at a price that will compete with the now-reasonable sell orders. I'll still keep the first "anchor" sell order though so folks don't start crashing the market again. It's sort of an aggressive market move to have two sell orders out for the same thing at once, but since it's pretty clear that all of the current Provi Thorax builders are just chasing and pricing off of each other instead of their costs, this is pretty much the only move available to me. Oh well. 

The other project has been the t2 HAM missiles. This has been fun. Although the missiles aren't selling instantly, they are selling fast, and I'm not really able to stockpile them. So while it has been a slow week for other stuff, Kym's been churning out HAM ammo like crazy- and that Augmentation decryptor has definitely paid off in terms of faster build times. Since the missiles are occupying an entire Ammo Array for production, I went and anchored a second so other folks can still build stuff, too. I can see why folks don't like to build these things, though- lots of stuff goes into them. There's the standard assortment of asteroid minerals, but there's also some moon mat stuff like Phenolic Composites, some t2 components, and some PI materials. All for a t2 missile.

Speaking of PI, this week I've finally gotten back into the swing of doing Planetary Interaction (PI) in Eve. It's great, nearly passive ISK but I got really burned out on it about two months back when my corp needed a second tower and we figured we could build it. Most folks don't know this, but all POS structures are built from PI materials. A tower, for instance, requires some of each P4 material, usually a few dozen of each one. P4s are also a huge, royal pain to fabricate- look it up and you'll see why. Anyways, Kym doesn't have an alt, and I ended up building the majority of the tower myself (other corp members did help, I don't feel burned by them or anything. That's just how it turned out, so there's no drama here). The constant switch of resources and routing everything really taxed the limits of my patience for a video game, though, and once the tower was done I didn't even want to look at my planets any more, much less interact with them.

That changed with the t2 HAM though. I need Rocket Fuel (a P2 material) to build the t2 missiles, and that means buying it or building it. So I started building it on my storm planet again, and that let me creep back into PI without wanting to rage quit. I don't have any plans to build another tower, though. Ever.

That's all for now, folks. Enjoy the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment